Tuesday, September 4, 2012


Tobias Essuah-Mensah
AMST 100
Dr. Nicole King
09/01/2012



                                                            Home Sweet Home
             There is no single way to define home. Since our individual experiences and cultural differences shape our way of thinking and views, the definition of the word “home” might differ from person to person. In my view, “home” is a place where the weather is about ninety degrees throughout the year. Mostly the weather there is a tropical but occasionally varies with respect to seasons and elevation. A place where there is a stress free life with a well relaxed mind, body and soul. For me this place is called Ghana in the western part of Africa and although Columbia, Maryland is part of my home too I prefer Ghana more due to the fact that I grew up there all my life and attended school there.
            Ghana is a place where there is political stability and lack of religious and tribal conflicts. Though Christianity dominates but there is an unflinching peace between Christians and other religious affiliations.

6 comments:

  1. It is really nice that your home is such a peaceful and stress free place. Ghana sounds really beautiful and I would love to live somewhere tropical. Are there waves in Ghana? If there is nice weather and waves I wouldn't mind calling it home either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of waves and you will really like it if you pay a visit to Ghana.

      Delete
  2. I like the way you define home. Ghana seems like a really nice place from the way you descibe it and also your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description makes me want to move to Ghana. That sounds like the kinda place where you can spread out your mind and think outside the box. Plus I imagine that the music there is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am from an African country. I love life in Nigeria, so free, peaceful and happiness is just effortless. I hope to return there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your explanation of Ghana before and after you tell us where your "home" is. I can tell by your description that it is a place close to your heart. Since it is a peaceful and stress free place for you, it is definitely a good place to call home.

    ReplyDelete